Thursday 21 February 2008

The running man

A pretty misleading title really. The 'non' running man would be more appropriate.
Foolishly perhaps, I put my name forward for July's 10k run in aid of St Catherine's Hospice.
It is a great cause and I'm actually quite looking forward to the day - it's just the six months of hell leading up to it that is proving tricky.
An athlete I aint. Well, I'm okay at racket sports, can play a passable round of golf and play a mean forward defensive. I also once threw a 180 at darts (does that count as a sport?)
Running is my big problem. It bores me, frankly, plus I run like an elephant on acid - all flat feet and flailng arms.
10k is a bloody long way too you know - much further than I thought.
As it stands, I'm just about to leave the office to go for a run, before watching the mighty Spurs hopefully cruise through to the next round of the Uefa Cup.
Or maybe I'll just eat a lot of food instead.