Wednesday 16 July 2008

The Mail myth

For a year or so now, the Crawley News has been owned by parent company Northcliffe Media.
Northcliffe own, among other titles, The Daily Mail, which is famed for its right of centre, hard-line on the big issues.
A few correspondents in my mailbox have seized on this link, 'detecting the hand of the Mail' in how we choose to pursue and report certain stories.
Time to explode a myth I'm afraid. In the past year I can quite confidently state I have not had a single conversation or correspondence with anyone from the Daily Mail.
The editorial policy of the Crawley News is solely determined here. Ultimately, we decide how to report on our stories.
I'd love to say the good people at the Daily Mail take a keen interest in the affairs of Crawley, but I'm afraid I would be lying.
Great conspiracy theory though.