Monday 7 July 2008

Parking blues

Until Friday, I'd only ever received one parking ticket in my life.
Now, I've had three.
Firstly it's worth saying that neither of these incidents happened in Crawley. So our men in the yellow coats are in the clear.
One on Friday which, admittedly, was my fault. I got caught up in a meeting at our Croydon office and ended up back at my car 40 mins late. Fair cop guv.
Yesterday, I got another lovely yellow sticker on my windscreen, but the circumstances here were rather different.
After a much-needed last minute training run before next week's big fundraiser (see previous posts), I emerged from the gym a full six minutes late, only to see the sticker being slapped on my car.
Yes I was late but: 1. Only by a few minutes, 2. The car park was half-empty at the time, so I was hardly taking up a valuable space, and 3. Why should I have to pay 70p to park on a Sunday in the first bloody place?
At this point, I lost my rag and swore loudly at the traffic warden for a good couple of minutes. Not to be condoned, I admit, but it made me feel better anyway.
I just hope he took my career advice on board after our brief encounter.